Organizing To Go is back again! (check out previous posts here and here). Thank you all for sending your organizing predicaments my way. It has been so fun to see all of your spaces and think of ways to make them work better for you.
Beth reached out about her walk up attic space. I think we all probably have a hidden space like this where junk and toys of Christmases past land. She would like to clear out all of the junk and create a storage space that is more usable.
- First, I would empty the entire attic and place all items into Keep, Trash (Bagster), and Donate piles.
- I would utilize the bagster pick up service to haul away trash with minimal effort.
- I would install heavy duty shelving units to maximize vertical storage,
- I would utilize plastic space saver bags for linens.
- I would invest in clear storage bins that fit the shelving units and label them appropriately.
- I would use large baskets with handles for easy transport and corralling of things in and out of the attic.
What do you think of this plan to organize an attic space? I love hearing from you! And if yo would like to be considered for an Organizing: To Go post, please contact me here.