One of my favorite parts of organizing is finding solutions to help you love the home you have. I get all sorts of questions from how would you arrange this bookshelf to how should I arrange that closet. I wanted to come up with a way to address some of these common organizing issues and share them with all of you.
Organizing: To Go! is a series that will look at everyday organizing hiccups and provide quick & easy solutions for how to tackle them.
Here is a request from awhile back. Amy sent me a few pictures of her living room. She wanted to find additional storage for toys (out of sight), a place for family photos, and an overall more pulled together feel.
Here’s where we started…
- I would make the far area in the back a dedicated seating area and spruce up the walls with a set of 6 frames to display family photos
- I would add a cube shelving unit for additional storage and decorative display to the left of the larger sofa.
- I would place a tray on the coffee table to corral books, remotes, etc.
- I would place additional seating and storage under the large window (not shown)
- I would use labels on all baskets to “know where it goes” and maintain an organized room
- I would add pillows (1,2,3,4) in a variety of patterns to add a pop of color and playfulness to the space
- I would corral the clocks and bring them closer together and closer to the sofa
- I would add in a heavier gourd lamp on the side table between the sofas to balance out the space and consider brightening up the room with a warm white or light grey
What do you think of my organizing solution? I would love to come up with a solution for your room, closet, pantry, garage, entryway too! To be considered for a future post, please send me 1-2 photos of your space along with a short description of the problem you are trying to solve. I will reach out to you if you are selected via email.